Most actors/actresses begin their career with a bunch of movies no one has ever heard before.
Small budget, b-movies which the actors themselves want to forget about. But, there is also the case when an actor has been lucky enough to play a small or big role in a very successful movie or next to famous actors. So, it’s this moment when you watch again a classic film and you realize that the 15 year-old student with the blue jeans and the fluffy hair is actually Johnny Depp. Here is CinemaFriend’s list of actors who made their breakthrough performance in famous films (or with famous actors), but only later did they became very successful themselves.
- Harrison Ford – Zabriskie Point (1970)
- Pierce Brosnan – The Mirror Crack’d (1980)
- Liam Neeson – Excalibur (1981)
- Drew Barrymore – ET: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- Johnny Depp – A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
- Elijah Wood – Back to the Future Part II (1989)
- Leonardo DiCaprio – This Boy’s Life (1993)
- Kirsten Dunst – Interview with a Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1995)
- Scarlett Johansson – The Horse Whisperer (1998)
- Daniel Radcliffe – The Tailor of Panama (2001)
- Kristen Stewart – Panic Room (2002)
- Robert Pattinson – Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire (2005)